To view this site properly on a mobile device such as a phone you may have to scroll to the bottom of the page and select “View Non-Amp Version.”
This site is for Wing Chun enthusiasts.
- Disciple Lóng Shé (Dragon Snake):
- Email: email@example.com
- My YouTube Account with > 6K Subscribers: https://www.youtube.com/c/Kung_Fu_Wing_Chun_Disciple
- Penterest.com: https://www.pinterest.com/progressivewingchun4u/
[See the FIRST PAGE of this website for legal information.]
THE CLOSING STATEMENT IS LOCATED AFTER THESE QUOTES:
Quotes about Wing Chun:
- The best form of self defense is to become invisible… If you can’t do that learn Wing Chun! – Wong Shun Leung.
- Wing Chun teaches you what to concentrate on, whether you’re here or out in the world dealing with problems. It’s second nature for me now. I don’t even get to the point where there’s a problem. – Robert Downey, Jr.
- My health has benefited the most from practising Wing Chun. – Ip Chun.
- I fell in love with Bruce Lee after I watched his movies, and I wanted to become a kung-fu practicer, and I would like to be someone like Bruce Lee. That’s why I learned kung-fu, and that’s why I picked the wing chun style, because it’s his style. That’s why I decided to be an actor, to go into show business, because of him. – Stephen Chow.
- I fight like Bruce Lee. I train in his style of kung fu, wing chun. It’s all about fighting with controlled power, so you learn to punch correctly. – Lucy Griffiths.
- A student’s mentality in learning martial arts is to overcome one’s problems. – Ip Chun.
- I think the kicks in Wing Chun are enough. It´s much easier to use your hands than to use your feet. Your hand is able to reach your opponent long before your foot. Why take the long way to attack (circle), when there is a much more direct method of attack? If you are using your hands, then your opponent can´t see a kick coming if you have to use it. When you teach Kung Fu, you can fool a lot of people, but not yourself. You can make like a movie and do many complicated movements and kicks, but you only fool yourself as to whether that would work in a real situation of life and death. – Wong Shun Leung.
- If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of. – Bruce Lee.
Ip Man Quotes:
- There are no men who fear their wives. Only men who respect them.
- Nobody is #1 forever.
- Strive to never strive.
- It is difficult to find a good Martial Arts teacher. It is even more difficult to find a good Martial Arts student.
Bruce Lee Quotes:
- Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one’s potential.
- I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
- Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.
- I am learning to understand rather than immediately judge or to be judged. I cannot blindly follow the crowd and accept their approach. I will not allow myself to indulge in the usual manipulating game of role creation. Fortunately for me, my self-knowledge has transcended that and I have come to understand that life is best to be lived and not to be conceptualized. I am happy because I am growing daily and I am honestly not knowing where the limit lies. To be certain, every day there can be a revelation or a new discovery. I treasure the memory of the past misfortunes. It has added more to my bank of fortitude.
- If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done. Make at least one definite move daily toward your goal.
- A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.
- Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
- Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
- See more Bruce Lee quotes @ BRUCE LEE MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES.
- This concludes my student website for Wing Chun. This website is, of course, not by any means “all-inclusive.” The magnitude of Wing Chun knowledge and practical application exercises & drills is literally endless, but I hope that this website serves as a good place to start your journey towards living a life through the art and philosophy of Wing Chun ! ! !
- Most important to remember: Wing Chun is NOT ONLY a VERY PRAGMATIC and POTENTIALLY LETHAL way of DEFENDING yourself, it is ALSO A WAY OF LIFE which will open doors for you that you NEVER IMAGINED or anticipated, thereby allowing you to SEE every aspect of life from a completely different and much more POSITIVE perspective that encourages you to be at peace at all times no matter what challenges you encounter throughout your life:
- NEVER FORGET that CHALLENGES are OPPORTUNITIES to OVERCOME SUCCESSFULLY, that which you have never overcame before . . . with resultant growth as a person who is firmly grounded and deeply rooted in PEACE !!!
Peace be with you ! ! !
[The above picture was made using Photoshop ©, starting with a black and white photograph of Ip Man’s face. Ip Man was noted as saying that one should always use Martial Arts for the good of humanity. The part about using the “direct path” is a key component in Wing Chun: The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, or a “direct path.”].
Thank you for your interest:
Sincerely with honor,
Disciple Dragon Snake
Dìzǐ Lóng Shé