To view this site properly on a mobile device such as a phone you may have to scroll to the bottom of the page and select “View Non-Amp Version.”
This site is for Wing Chun enthusiasts.
- Disciple Lóng Shé (Dragon-Snake)
- Email: email@example.com
- My YouTube Account with > 6K Subscribers: https://www.youtube.com/c/Kung_Fu_Wing_Chun_Disciple
- Penterest.com: https://www.pinterest.com/progressivewingchun4u/
[See the FIRST PAGE of this website for legal information.]
My Experience in Wing Chun:
I have been studying & practicing Wing Chun for seven years. I have experience sparing in Wing Chun, but of more importance I have experience in full-contact (protective gear worn) sparing against Martial Artists from a variety of Martial Arts backgrounds. I am not yet a Sifu or “Master” of Wing Chun; I am still a disciple of Wing Chun, but in this day in age when true street fighting with NO RULES is completely illegal, how can anyone claim to be a true “master” of any form of Martial Arts?
My Philosophy on Martial Art:
I believe that Bruce Lee is correct when he said that “styles” are a “crystallization” to be avoided because the purpose of Martial Art is to express YOURSELF through (meditative) movement whether practicing martial arts by oneself or whether in “hand-to-hand”combat. This is why I call it “Progressive Wing Chun” instead of “Traditional Wing Chun.” Practitioner’s Wing Chun forms should evolve & progress over time. I have been practicing Wing Chun for 7 years. I am a disciple of Wing Chun, not a Sīfú (私服).
The Purpose of this Website:
- I hope that my website is helpful to other Wing Chun enthusiasts and inspires new people to be Wing Chun enthusiasts.
My Own Spiritual / Religious Beliefs?
- “The Way of Wing Chun” is MY PATH of repentance and resultant salvation by providing me with a positive outlet for my thoughts and energy.
- Bruce Lee stated, “When you put water into a cup, it BECOMES the cup, when you put it into a bottle, it BECOMES the bottle, when you put it into a teapot, it BECOMES the teapot (takes on the likeness and shape of the teapot)! Now water can flow, or it can CRASH! Be water, my friend!“
- I believe that philosophically speaking, Bruce Lee was correct, but furthermore, Jesus Christ reportedly said, “The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life“ (John 4:14). This I believe makes Christ the “Living Water.” It is my personal belief that when we ask the Holy Spirit to do so, the Holy Spirit fills us with the “Living Water of Christ.” Just as Bruce Lee said that when you pour water into a teapot it BECOMES the teapot (meaning it takes on the likeness and shape of the teapot), it is my contention that when the Holy Spirit fills us with the “Living Water of Christ” then the “Living Water of Christ” BECOMES the vessel that it has been poured into; it BECOMES the person who has been filled with the “Living Water of Christ,” and so too does this person BECOME the “Living Water of Christ” in all that he thinks, sees, feels, speaks/writes, and does!
- From my perspective, the original Buddha was a spiritually enlightened WOMAN who spent her life helping others to acquire a deeply-rooted sense of peace through the art of meditation, and did so thousands of years before Christ came to us in human flesh to:
- Clarify spiritual concepts.
- Lay out a better understanding of God’s law.
- Establish a NEW COVENANT.
- Pay the PRICE for our PAST sins so that we can REPENT of those sins and consequently live a life filled with GRACE:
- In Mark 1:15 Jesus reportedly said something to the effect of, “The time of the kingdom of God is upon us (right here and right now), so if you want God’s kingdom (of peace on earth) to be yours (right here and right now) then you must REPENT of your sins and BELIEVE this gospel which I have just revealed to you, and follow through on it!“
- I believe that the philosophy of Buddhism, and believing that Buddha was a spiritually enlightened woman from Asia who came thousands of years before Christ came to shed more light on spiritual issues, is not a conflicting set of spiritual or philosophical beliefs.
Jesus Christ and Buddha:
Jesus Christ Appearing to His Disciples:
Jesus Christ on the Cross:
Buddha Under the Bodhi Tree:
Progressive Relaxation, meditation, and Spiritual Baptism to Renew the Soul:
“I can feel the warm, living, baptizing water of Christ flowing through my feet, legs, thighs, and hips . . . as they become heavier, and heavier, and heavier . . . and my Chi flows deeper, and deeper, and deeper into a state of completely renewed, redefined, recreated, mindful, inner peace.” [Continue upwards along your body through your torso, shoulders and arms, & neck and head]. Then, “I feel the warm, living, baptizing water of Christ flowing through my mind as it cleanses and purifies my thoughts . . . and my body becomes heavier, and heavier, and heavier . . . and my Chi flows deeper, and deeper, and deeper into a state of completely renewed, redefined, recreated, deeply rooted, mindful inner peace.”
“I can feel the grace of God pouring continuously down upon me, drowning me in unconditional love, acceptance, and forgiveness . . . as I fall to rest into the hands of Christ as a completely renewed, redefined, recreated, deeply rooted, mindful expression of inner peace which is manifested as living water who readily and effortlessly flows around and through challenges of any kind with ease and gracefulness, and I do so without internalizing any shame, pain, sorrow, or fear because my peace on the pendulum of human emotion and experience grows infinitely and continuously more still: And it is so. Peace be still. Thank you Father God, thank you my lord and savior, Jesus Christ, and thank YOU, the Holy Spirit. Amen.”
“Hand-to-Hand” Combat References on this Website:
- While I primarily practice and teach Wing Chun for meditative purposes, I do refer to “hand-to-hand” combat techniques as a point of reference for “practical application” to help the student understand the reasoning for specific postures, positions, and movements. However, I have only studied Wing Chun for 7 years so I am not a Sīfú (私服) of Wing Chun: But in American society in which street fighting is illegal (even MMA and Cage Fighting is drowning in rules about what you are NOT ALLOWED to do), then how can ANY Martial Arts instructor claim to be a “Master?” I am a disciple (Dìzǐ – 弟子) of Wing Chun. I am currently under the discipleship of my own Sīfú (teacher), Brenden Estrada. I primarily teach Wing Chun as a method of “meditation in motion,” but as a side benefit, I am extremely qualified to teach someone how to survive a real street fight which has NO RULES, (unlike “sparing”). Unless your opponent is holding a gun, I am qualified to teach someone how to survive a street-attack by engaging the student in practical application (fighting) while we are both in protective gear including a hockey helmet with a caged face piece, TOUR CODE 1 PADDED HOCKEY SHIRT (2017) – SENIOR (available HERE) with pads over the ribs and chest, a motorcycle jacket with padding over the shoulders, elbows, spine and tailbone, a groin guard, shin guards, knee guards, and leather or plastic motorcycle boots.
- As I stated in the “Introduction” page of this website, a teacher should be willing to modify any and all aspects of the Wing Chun lessons to accommodate for any type of physical, cognitive, emotional, psychiatric, &/or other challenge that you may have: It is my belief that anyone with any kind of disability, “Special Need,” or challenge can learn Wing Chun if you put your heart and mind into accomplishing this goal. For example, being in a wheel chair also does not at all exclude you from learning Wing Chun ! ! !
My Lineage in Wing Chun & Martial Arts:
- What is my Lineage of Wing Chun? Bruce Lee explained that ‘The common problem with Hong Kong today is that (through lineage) people become fixated on doing a certain style in a very particular way, which then becomes “The Law” and cannot be changed.’ He believed that martial arts should be an individual experience: “How can I express myself honestly & completely through the art of movement whether it be in hand-to-hand combat or in daily life?”
- For this reason I do not claim to be of any ‘lineage“ other than my own interpretation of the forms of Wing Chun. I will reveal that my Sīfú is Brenden Estrada: I could not have asked God to send me a more proficient & competent leader & guide for life! Sīfú Brenden Estrada learned Wing Chun after studying Eight Animal Kung Fu for over twenty years, so my interpretation of Wing Chun is not entirely a traditional version of Wing Chun; my interpretation of Wing Chun contains aspects of Eight Animal Kung Fu in it, especially that of the Kung Fu “animal” called the “Dragon-Snake.”
My Sīfú (私服), Brenden Estrada:
Me Serving My Sīfú (私服) as His Wedding Officiant:
My Sīfú’s Dearly Loved but Departed Mother, Johnna:
My Sīfú’s Father, Joseph Estrada, with Sīfú Brenden Estrada as a Child on the Left, and his Brother Ryan on the Right:
My Dearly Loved but Departed Uncle, Battalion Fire Chief, John Tvedten:
Thank you for taking the time to get to know a little bit about me.
⇒ Please proceed to the “Student Reading” portion of this website at this time.
Thank you for your interest:
Sincerely with honor,
Disciple Dragon Snake
Dìzǐ Lóng Shé